Looking for personal assistant jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
Personal assistant (PA) jobs require you to work closely with a senior manager or director to provide administrative support. You will often be trusted with confidential material and be relied upon by managers / directors to ensure that everything they need is in place. An experienced PA in London can earn £40,000. A full job description is detailed below.
> Latest PA jobs - see below
PA Job description: Typical responsibilities
- screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
- dealing with correspondence and writing letters, taking dictation and minutes
- organising and attending meetings, and ensuring the manager is well-prepared for meetings
- dealing with incoming email, faxes and post
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
What qualifications do I need to be a PA?For PA jobs a degree or diploma in Business or Management may increase your chances of entry, although some subjects are more relevant for certain industries e.g. English Literature for Publishing. Entry without a degree or HND/foundation degree is possible as personal qualities, experience and office skills are generally considered more important. GCSE English and maths (or equivalent), word processing skills and knowledge of software packages, however, are all essential. Shorthand and audio typing are also beneficial.
A pre-entry postgraduate qualification is desirable for more responsible PA jobs, for example the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) International Qualifications Private/Executive Secretary's Diploma, as there is competition for posts from experienced secretaries and administrators. Most PA jobs require a minimum of two years' office experience. This can be gained by working in a clerical capacity, although more extensive experience may be required.
- Typical PA starting salaries range from: £15,000 - £22,000*
- Senior level/with experience (e.g. after 10-15 years) PA jobs range from: £25,000 - £35,000*
- For London and areas around the M25, salaries are usually slightly higher than the UK average. Top personal assistant jobs in London can command premium salaries of £30,000 to £40,000 with additional benefits. These jobs, however, are quite rare.
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest personal assistant jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 PA jobs see below.> Register and submit your CV today - we'll tell you when a vacancy appears thats right for you!