Looking for housing officer jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
There are many different types of housing officer jobs ranging from trainee and assistant positions to senior jobs with scope to specialise in different areas, for example, within housing benefits, supported housing or social housing. The qualifications required to apply for a housing officer job will vary depending on which vacancy you apply for. Click on the links below for a full job description of current housing officer vacancies within each sector:
> Latest Housing Officer Jobs - see below > Send us your CV!
Housing Officers are typically responsible for the following duties:
- as a housing officer you will be assigned to work within a specific area of housing which could include any of the following;
- setting rents, administering rent collection and developing policies to deal with arrears
- processing applications for housing improvements and repairs and communicating outcomes to tenants
- dealing with breaches of tenancy/leasehold agreements culminating in possible evictions
- dealing with abandoned tenancies, squatters and unauthorised occupiers
- dealing with housing applications and the transfer of existing tenants
- dealing with anti social behaviour issues of neighbourly disputes
- you will be reporting to your housing manager
What qualifications do you need to be a housing officer?
Personal qualities and experience tend to be more important than academic qualifications, although potential candidates will have to show the following:
- strong teamwork, interpersonal and organisational skills
- numeracy skills
- an interest in working with diverse social groups
- excellent communication and negotiation skills
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- common sense
- knowledge of the Housing Regulations and the 1996 Housing Act is advantageous
Salary Details for Housing Officer Jobs
- Typical starting salaries for Housing Officers range from £17,500 to £25,000 depending on location*
- Social housing officer jobs normally attract a car user allowance
- Many employers offer flexible hours, job-sharing and career breaks
*January 2006 data.
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest housing officer vacancies straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
View the latest 5 housing officer jobs please below.> Register and submit your CV today - we'll tell you when the next housing office vacancies appear that are right for you!