Looking for scheme manager jobs in housing? You’ve come to the right place.
Working within the Sheltered Housing Scheme as the scheme manager you have the responsibility to work and lead a team to help improve the lives of others. Scheme manager jobs are available throughout the UK on a permanent and part-time basis. The job is very rewarding and can come with some excellent benefits. Click on the links below for a full job description and salary information of current scheme manager vacancies:
> Latest Scheme Manager Jobs > Send us your CV > Get job Alerts
Scheme Manager Job Description
- You will typically be working for a Housing Association within the rules of the Sheltered Housing Scheme
- You will be involved in typical day to day management of dwellings and communal facilities; ensuring everything in working order and responding to emergencies.
- The day to day running will also include arranging tenancies and managing the lettings procedure
- Monitoring rent accounts, developing and maintaining relationships with external agencies as well as supervising your staff.
- Risk assessments and monitoring maintenance and repairs will be required
- The number of people and the type of people you will be looking after will depend on the jobs; you may be working with the elderly, families, children, the homeless or people with drink or drug addictions.
- You will be in daily contact with residents and oversee medical/contact information is up to date, maintain an accident record and provide practical and emotional support.
- As a scheme manager you will be interview prospective purchasers upon resale of property, employing new staff e.g. scheme officers.
- Also standard management responsibilities will be required.
What qualifications do I need to apply for Scheme Manager Vacancies?
Depending on the scheme manager job you will be asked for a National Warden’s Certificate or Wardens Short Course or knowledge of care legislation (CSCI). Previous experience within Sheltered Housing and preferably demonstrate strong understanding within your area of care e.g. the elderly. As a Scheme Manager you will need to demonstrate excellent management, communication and organisation skills. You will also need to show good IT and administration skills and possibly a full driving license and be CRB issued.
Salary details for Housing Scheme Manager jobs
- Salary for Scheme Manager jobs can vary depending on experience and the number of people you are managing and the location at which you are working.
- Salaries tend to come with excellent benefits
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Search for more jobs or Register hereand let us send you our latest housing scheme manager jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
View the latest 5 Scheme Manager jobs below
Register and submit your CV today- we'll tell you when a vacancy appears that’s right for you!
If you're looking for tips on CV writing, interview techniques etc visit our careers section