Looking for jobs in sheltered housing? Youíve come to the right place.
Working in sheltered housing (or retirement housing) involves looking after elderly people; some schemes involve sheltered housing for the disabled, and making sure that they remain independent and feel safe. There is a wide variety of jobs available within sheltered housing for sheltered housing officers, wardens, scheme managers as well as day and night, full and part-time positions. The job is rewarding and enables older people to enjoy their home. A full job description and salary information is described below.
> Latest Sheltered Housing Jobs > Send us your CV!
Sheltered Housing Job Description: typical responsibilities
- Any job within sheltered housing will require you to work within the rules of the Sheltered Housing Scheme
- Sheltered housing wardens and officers will work to ensure that the tenant receives support where necessary and be on hand for their needs and responding to emergency calls within working hours.
- Making regular checks on tenants to ensure their well-being. You may need to contact their doctor and relatives on a frequent basis.
- You will be liaising with statutory and voluntary agencies to enable service users to retain the maximum level of independence possible and maximise the quality of life of tenants.
- Sheltered or scheme housing managers will also be responsible for the management of the housing scheme and staff
- You will need to be good at communicating, listening and working with the elderly.
What qualifications do I need to work in Sheltered Housing?
Depending on the type of job you are applying for within sheltered housing depends will depend on the qualifications that you require. There are no specific qualifications for entry level positions but for more managerial or more senior sheltered housing jobs you will need experience of working within the industry or with elderly people, knowledge of how the sheltered housing scheme works and for management positions managerial skills and experience of managing staff. An awareness of the issues involved in sheltered housing and supported housing as well as strong communication skills is desirable. An enhanced CRB check is essential and a driving license is often required.
- Salaries for sheltered housing jobs vary greatly depending on the scale and location of the project . Officers and wardens salaries will range from £12,000 to £20,000 per annum.
- Sheltered housing managers can earn between £18,000 to £30,000 per annum.
- Experience is another factor which can increase your salary.
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest sheltered housing vacancies straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 Sheltered Housing Jobs see below.
> If you canít find the job you want send us your cv, get job alerts or contact us and weíll get back to you.
> Search for more jobs Ė donít forget to checkout our career toolkit!