Looking for Lawyer Jobs in Local Government? You've come to the right place.
Local Government Lawyer jobs are in high demand. Local governments have large legal departments whereby lawyers and solicitors work closely with the Head of the Local Government to help council members achieve polices lawfully, help implement new policies and introduce new byelaws along with providing help and advice to council members. Legal work can be involved in all areas of local government including; traffic, education, health, planning, social services and housing, besides others. A local government lawyer job description is detailed below.
Local Government Lawyer Job Description: typical responsibilities
- carrying out legal research
- provide advice on legislation
- drafting documents and correspondence
- maintaining legal records and constitutional documents
- advising on democratic processes and member conduct ethics
- writing updates and briefing notes
What qualifications do I need to be a Local Government Lawyer?
A law degree is necessary in order to become a Local Government Lawyer. Proven experience working as a solicitor/lawyer either in-house or at a Local Authority or working closely in the area of the law relating to Local Government would also be advantageous. Key skills needed for solicitor/lawyer local government jobs include the ability to be able to work with internal and external clients, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and an excellent knowledge of all legal legislation which could affect Local Authorities.
Can't see the jobs for you? We'll tell you when it comes up! Use our Quick Registration and submit your CV now. We'll get in touch when a vacancy appears that matches your criteria
- Local Government Lawyer jobs typically earn between £25 - £35 per hour
- Progression can be made to the position of Head of Legal Services, which pays between £45,000 to £60,000 per annum
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest solicitor / lawyer local government jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 lawyer jobs in local government see below.