Looking for council tax officer jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
Council tax officer jobs involve raising revenue via council tax. Council tax is based on the value of the property that an occupant owns. Within this role you will ensure that the correct payment is billed, collect payment and administer this process as well as liaising with the public, the local council and professional bodies. It is a challenging yet satisfying job. A full job description, qualification and salary details are described below.
> Latest Council Tax Officer Jobs
Council Tax Officer Job Description: typical responsibilities
- You will need to be a motivated and organised individual with a high capability for learning.
- Your main responsibilities will include billing and collection of council tax and Non Domestic Rates.
- You will also be required to update customer tax accounts and conduct an annual survey to ensure tax payers details are up to date.
- You will need to have excellent negotiation and customer service skills. You may be responding to general enquires from the public about council tax.
- You will assist and report to the Council Tax Manager and liaise with other companies e.g. Benefits, Financial Services to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Knowledge of local taxation legislation, data protection, Non Domestic Rates and Benefits procedures is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail and be computer literate is also required for this role.
What qualifications do I need to be a Council Tax Officer?
For council tax officer jobs you do not need to have any specific qualifications. Having said that; most council tax officer jobs will require you to have good GCSE grades, including Maths and English, or equivalent qualifications, such as NVQs/SVQs or an intermediate GNVQ/GSVQ in business. In house training is provided and from here you can move up through the company.
For Council Tax Officer jobs with more responsibility you will need to have a minimum of 6 months to a year experience in the role and have a sound knowledge of all the council tax legislations. Qualifications for this role may also include an IRRV Revenues Technician qualification, an NVQ or equivalent in Management and Customer Care. You will work closely in assisting the Council Tax Manager and help manage the team.
- For starting council tax officer jobs salaries can vary depending on the level of responsibility from £14,500 - £22,000 pa
- For more senior jobs salary can increase to £20,867 - £31,299 pa
- The amount will vary depending on your location and level of responsibility.
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest council tax officer jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 Council Tax Officer Jobs see below.> Register and submit your CV today - we'll tell you when a vacancy appears thats right for you!