Looking for care assistant jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
Care assistant jobs improve the lives of vulnerable people. You will work with people on a weekly or daily basis assisting them in practical activities such as going to the shops or helping people to bed. You could be working in a care home or visiting people in their own homes depending on the job and assisting care workers in their activities. It is a very rewarding career and can be done on a contract, permanent or temporary basis and there are specific day and night care assistant jobs available. A full job description, salary details and qualification information is detailed below.
> Latest Care Assistant Jobs - see below > Send us your CV
Care Assistant Job Description: typical responsibilities
- Caring for you clients, who can include: children, the elderly, people with disabilities and families; by assisting with medications to helping with household chores. There will be slight differences in the type of activities depending if you are a day or night care assistant.
- Assisting with other care staff e.g. care manager, home manager and care workers
- You may be liaising with people from other departments such as; social services, housing officers and GPís, so you will need to have good communication skills.
- You will need to be sensitive to people of different backgrounds and be able to listen and communicate well with your clients. A second language may be required in some cases.
- Generally you will need to be a caring and patient person
- Some placements require you to have a full and clean driving license
What qualifications do I need to be a Care Assistant?
There are no formal qualifications that are required to apply for care assistant jobs, however any relevant work experience with looking after venerable people such as: the elderly, people with learning difficulties or other disabilities can help in a successful application. Training is completed on-the-job and covers everything from health and safety to specific care of a disability. As a care assistant you can work towards a Health and Social Care NVQ/SVQ levels 2 and 3 to move up to a care worker with more respionsibilities. The General Social Care Council (GSCC) has the latest news and codes of practice for care workers.
- Starting salaries for care assistant jobs start from around £10,000 per annum
- With experience salaries can rise to £13,000 to £16,000 per annum
- In some cases accommodation is provided
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest day and night care assistant jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 Care Assistant Jobs see below.
> If you canít find the job you want send us your cv, get job alerts or contact us and weíll get back to you.
> Search for more jobs Ė donít forget to checkout our career toolkit!