Looking for care worker jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
Care worker jobs improve the lives of vulnerable people. You will work with people on a weekly or daily basis assisting them in practical activities such as going to the shops. Typical care worker jobs involve working in a care home or visiting people in their own homes. It is a very rewarding career. Click on the links below for a full job description of current care worker vacancies.
> Latest Care Worker Jobs - see below > Send us your CV
Care Worker Job Description: typical responsibilities
- Caring for you clients, who can include: children, the elderly, people with disabilities and families; by assisting with medications to helping with household chores.
- You may be liaising with people from other departments such as; social services, housing officers and GPís, so you will need to have good communication skills.
- You will need to be sensitive to people of different backgrounds and be able to communicate well with your clients. A second language may be required in some cases.
- Generally you will need to be a caring and patient person
- Some residential care worker jobsrequire you to have a full and clean driving license
What qualifications do I need to be a Care Worker?
There are no formal qualifications that are required to apply for care worker jobs, however any relevant work experience with looking after venerable people such as: the elderly, people with learning difficulties or other disabilities can help in a successful application. Training is completed on-the-job and covers everything from health and safety to specific care of a disability. As a care worker you can work towards a Health and Social Care NVQ/SVQ levels 2 and 3. The General Social Care Council (GSCC) has the latest news and codes of practice for care workers.
- Starting salaries for care assistant jobs start from around £11,000 per annum
- With experience salaries can rise to £14,000 to £17,000 per annum
- In some cases accommodation is provided
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest care worker jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
View the latest 5 care worker jobs below.
> Register and submit your CV today - we'll tell you when the next care worker vacancies appear that are right for you!