Working with children is a great career choice if you're looking for a fun and varied job with flexible hours. There is a wide range of jobs available across the UK for permanent, temporary, full time and part time positions. For child care jobs or a career in child development, there is no better time to start, as there is much demand for staff at all levels. Our latest jobs are shown below.
Looking for jobs working with children? You've come to the right place.
> Latest Jobs Working with Children > Register Now! > Apply for Job Alerts!
Types of jobs working with children:
• There are many different areas of working in child care including working with babies, infants, young children and adolescents
• There are also many career opportunities in working with children within mental health and learning disability sectors including working with children with autism
• Typical job roles can range from play worker, youth group worker, qualified social worker, unqualified social worker, support worker or nursery nurse
• Typical environments of work include nurseries and playgroups, youth groups, schools (including after school clubs), hospitals, residential care, adoption and foster care
• Within all of these roles you will be required to work alongside the family as well as the child. You will be responsible for monitoring and encouraging the child's development, reporting to both members of staff and the families where necessary
• You may also be required to respect certain ethical issues, such as discretion and confidentiality, when working with children, particularly within the mental health sectors
What qualifications/training do I need to work with children?
• The specific qualifications you will require will depend on the type of role you are applying for or career you are aiming towards
• There are no specific qualifications for entry level positions but most employers will prefer you to have some previous experience working with children
• Volunteering is a great way to gain this experience if you are just starting a career in working with children. You can consult your local council for local volunteering opportunities. Do-It are also an informative volunteering guide and a good starting point
• There are various training courses available which are specific to the area you wish to work. Cache outlines the leading qualifications for working in children's services and Children's Workforce Development Council also provide more specific information on available courses
• A Criminal Records Bureau check is essential
Salaries within working with children are extremely varied.
The more experience and training you have the higher the salary will be.
Can't find what you're looking for? Search for more jobs or Register Now and let us send you the latest jobs working with children straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 jobs working with children please see below...
Get Job Alerts and Submit Your CV today - we'll tell you when a vacancy appears that's right for you!