Looking for architect jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
Architect jobs involve working in the construction industry designing new buildings and the spaces around them, working closely with users, clients and officials to make sure that projected designs match the needs of these groups. A full architect job description is detailed below along with salary and qualification requirements for part qualified to senior architect jobs.
> Latest Architect Jobs - see below
Architect Job Description: Typical responsibilities
- consulting with people about the design of their environment
- advising the client on the practicality of their project
- preparing and presenting design proposals to the client
- keeping within financial budgets and time deadlines
- producing detailed drawings from which costings are made
- solving problems that might occur during building
What qualifications do I need to become an Architect?
In order to qualify as an architect in the UK, it is necessary to complete qualifications that are recognised by both the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Architects Registration Board (ARB).
The standard entry route into the architectural profession takes a minimum of seven years:
- Part I qualified Architect: You must complete: a first degree in architecture, known as RIBA part I - typically taking three or four years, 12 months of supervised and recorded practical experience, referred to as stage one professional experience - this is commonly taken in architects' practices, but may be in any sector of the building industry, including construction and design. You can apply for part I qualified architect jobs with this.
- Part II qualified Architect: Two years of further study for a diploma or a secondary degree in architecture, known as RIBA part II, twelve months' supervised and recorded work experience known as stage two professional experience - this must be in an architect's office under the supervision of a qualified architect. You can apply for part II qualified architect jobs with this.
- Part III / Fully qualified Architect: The RIBA part III examination in professional practice and management is the final criteria before you can register as an architect with the ARB and apply to become a chartered member of RIBA. Management / Senior level architect jobs are available with this.
- Salaries for architect jobs vary depending on the size and location of the practice. The Royal Society of Architects in Wales (RSAW) publishes a rough guide to the kind of salaries you can expect at the various stages of qualification:
- Part I architect jobs: £15,000 - £18,500*
- Part II architect jobs, or recent post-diploma: £22,000 - £26,000*
- Part II architect jobs with one to two years post-diploma: £26,000 - £29,000*
- Part III architect jobs, newly registered: £29,000 - £32,000*
- Part III experienced architect jobs, 3-5 years post-registration: £34,000 - £40,000*
- Typical salaries for senior level/with experience (10-15 years) architect jobs are £32,000 to £80,000, depending on seniority of position reached in the practice. Hays-Montrose produces an annual survey of earnings showing regional variations on these salaries*.
- Self-employment/freelance work is commonly possible, with 20% of architects being sole principals
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest architect jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 architect jobs see below.> Register and submit your CV today - we'll tell you when a vacancy appears thats right for you!