Looking for estimator jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
Estimators are responsible for calculating tenders, including the cost, time scales, staff and material requirements to the client specification and make sure that it has an adequate return on investment. It is very satisfying winning tenders and there are some great bonus and benefits associated with estimator jobs. A typical job description, qualifications and salary are detailed below:
> Latest Estimator Jobs > Send us your CV > Get job Alerts
Types of Estimator jobs
There are many different types of estimator jobs including; building, electrical, construction, project and mechanical.
Estimator job Description
- Provide accurate estimations in your required field e.g. electrical / mechanical etc for end users and builders.
- Estimate the cost, materials and staff required to achieve the project specification
- Also youíll need to calculate in adjustments for overheads, profit, life expectancy cycle and contingency,
- Estimate the completion of the project including milestones and completion rates
- Enquire the cost for materials and sub-contractor costs and evaluate the prices Liaising and negotiating with clients, contractors and sub-contractors, quantity surveyors and administration staff
- Organise and write / present tender proposals and supervise the submission
- Evaluate and clearly understand the details and requirements for each tender
- You will also be responsible for making changes to the tender document including preliminary pricings, time scale s and any other changes requested.
- Hand over of tender to the project team
- Be up to date with the latest estimator techniques and procedures
- Senior estimators will be responsible for the chief estimator and may be asked to mentor junior estimators.
What qualifications do I need to be an estimator?
To apply for estimator jobs you will need a relevant HNC or Degree and able to use Excel well. For more senior or specialised estimator jobs you may also need to be a member of a professional institution, experience of working in a variety of work priced and in a specific industry e.g. construction, housing, electrical etc. You will also need to have experience of using estimation software / excel estimating packages and large scale projects. Each job will have itís own specific requirements.
- Estimators can earn between £25,000 - £40,000+ a year.
- For more experienced and specialist jobs salaries can be increased.
- Most jobs come with benefits, company car or car allowance, pension and healthcare and generous bonuses.
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest estimator jobs in London and across the UK straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 Estimator see below
Register and submit your CV today- we'll tell you when a vacancy appears thatís right for you!
View the latest quantity surveyor jobs