Looking for project manager jobs in the construction/technical industry? You致e come to the right place.
Project managers (PM's) co-ordination and manage specific projects to meet client specification and for the project to be completed to time and budget. There are many permanent and contract / freelance project manager jobs in the technical/construction/building industries across the UK. A typical job description, qualifications and salary are detailed below:
> Latest Project Manager Jobs > Send us your CV > Get job Alerts
Technical/ Construction Project Manager job Description
- You will be responsible for planning and manage projects through all milestones to final delivery
- You will also be responsible for the budget and time scale of the project, so you値l need to ensure that the project is completed to time and budget.
- You値l also need to ensure that projects meet the relevant industry regulations, standards, contract requirements and best practice.
- You値l need to have excellent communication skills so that you can inform contractors, site staff and 3rd party suppliers to complete work to your exact specification
- Your communication skills will also be required so that you can liaise with clients and ensure that projects are completed to meet their requirements
- Throughout the project you値l need to write reports and maintain progress / ensure that the project is running to schedule as well as maintaining administrative documentation
- Coordinate delivery of the project
- Working concurrently on different projects so you値l need to have excellent time management skills.
- Senior project managers may also be involved in the bidding for new projects
- Ensuring commercial, financial, quality and programme targets are met
- You may also be involved in preparation of tender proposals
- You値l be working on larger projects with greater budgets and more responsibility
- You may be asked to help in the development of junior project managers
What qualifications do I need to be a technical project manager?
For project management jobs in the building/construction/technical industries you値l need to have an Engineering degree or equivalent within a technically relevant field. You値l have project management experience and preferably have a PRINCE or equivalent qualification. Previous experience in managing teams and clients is usually required as well as having good knowledge of the technical requirements involved. For senior project management jobs you値l need to have reached Chartership status or working towards Chartership and be able to give industry specific experience.
- Project Managers can earn between ｣28,000 - ｣35,000 a year with senior project manager earning anything over ｣35,000
- Most jobs come with benefits and bonuses.
Can稚 find what you池e looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest project manager jobs in construction in London and across the UK straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 Technical/Construction Project Manager Jobs see below
Register and submit your CV today- we'll tell you when a vacancy appears that痴 right for you!
If you're looking for tips on CV writing, interview techniques etc visit our careers section