Looking for technical officer jobs? You’ve come to the right place.
Technical officer jobs are needed in many different industry areas including M&E, MoD, social housing, housing and regeneration, rail, building and construction, local councils and across the private and public sector. Technical officers assist in the surveying, design and build of a project to ensure that it meets Health & Safety, environmental and quality standards. A full job description and salary information is described below.
> Latest Technical Officer Jobs – see below
> Send us your CV and we’ll find a job that’s right for you
Technical Officer Job Description: typical responsibilities
- Technical officers are required to carry out the survey, design and setting out of the project.
- You will need to be able to work within budget and to time constraints whist still providing an appropriate technical service for the benefit of customers and colleagues from the referral stage through to completion of works.
- Applying for planning permissions and building regulations.
- To assist the Site Delivery Manager (SDM) in effectively managing the function of the Site Delivery Office and dependencies to ensure that the Prime Contract is delivered to the correct quality.
- Assisting in the management of performance of the Supply Chain partners and their staff.
- Assist the SDM to prepare risk assessments and method statements as required and any other Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental activities.
- Liaising with the client, contractors and local authorities and you may have a team of people that you are responsible for that you will have to manage effectively.
What qualifications do I need to be a Technical Officer?
To apply for technical officer jobs you will need a HNC or HND qualification or equivalent in building or a related discipline. For more experienced roles a proven track record preferably within a maintenance environment and management position, and have evidence of writing specifications, basic designs and working with sub contractors. Some jobs may have specific qualification requirements such as an IRSE license if you are working within the rail sector.
- Salaries for technical officer jobs vary greatly depending on the scale and location of the project ranging from £20,000 to £50,000 per annum.
- Experience is another factor which can increase your salary.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest technical officer jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 Technical Officer Jobs see below.
> If you can’t find the job you want; use the advanced search, send us your cv, get job alerts or contact us and we’ll get back to you!
> Register here - don't forget to check out our careers toolkit!