Last updated 1st June 2006
Public Jobs Direct (PJD) is committed to protecting your confidentiality and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK's independent public body set up to promote access to official information and to protect personal information. They regulate and enforce the Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and the Environmental Information Regulations.
This policy explains how we will collect and use your information in compliance with these Acts and Regulations and under what circumstances we will provide it to third parties.
The following definitions are additional to those listed in the General terms and apply to this policy
- Contact Ė means our communications with you by phone, email, text message, fax or post.
Web site purpose
The Web site is for use by job seekers and recruiters for the purpose of advertising and seeking employment opportunities and information in the UK Public Sector and for third party organizations advertising services to users.
Company information is not protected by the Data Protection Act and you acknowledge that the purpose of the Web site is to advertise your information to users over the Internet. However personal information such as registering a contact name is covered by the Act.
- You can browse the Web site without disclosing any company information.
- To advertise your company information you will need to register your details on the Web site. If you have not already done so please click here to register.
- Registration requires you to submit company and contact information to create your recruiter profile (profile) which you warrant is complete and accurate. You further warrant that you have the necessary permissions to use any of the information you disclose to us.
- You will have secure password access to your profile which you may update at any time by logging on and making the required changes.
- We will store the information and any subsequent information we collect about you on our database and use it to provide the services you have told us you require in your profile and that you subsequently order from us.
- Company information you provide for advertising will be displayed to users on the Web site to search, view, download and contact you directly or other third party you may delegate to manage the response.
- Company information you provide for contractual agreement and fulfilment will be treated in confidence between us and relevant third parties for example; credit reference agencies, banks or payment houses or other third parties related to the services ordered.
- Information processed over the Internet may involve its transfer to countries outside of the European Economic area which do not have Data Protection laws.
- We may contact you about additional products and services (including third party services) which we believe may be of interest to you, conduct research and compile reports and communicate news items.
- You consent that we may compile reports from information stored on the database such as salary surveys, recruitment and employment surveys and Web site activity statistics which we may disclose to third parties. This information will not be personally identifiable.
- You can remove any of the information that we store about you on the Web site by deleting your profile at any time.
- We reserve the right to remove from the Web site any profile that
- Contains offensive or illegal material
- A relevant complaint is made about and the complaint is upheld
The Web site contains information submitted by job seekers and other third parties. Whilst we make every effort to ensure its accuracy and legality, it is the third party who is liable for the information advertised.
The Web site may be used by other third parties who we deem to provide services or information that will be of interest to the Web site community.
The Web site contains links to third party web sites which are provided for information purposes only. We are not responsible for any of their content and accordingly are not liable for any demand, loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your use of these web sites.
You consent that PJD may disclose your data to a third party to whom it proposes to assign, transfer, sub-contract or declare in trust its obligations, rights or interests under the Web site terms.
Secure web site
This is a secure Web site. The Web site and its database are hosted on a secure server that is protected against unauthorised access by the latest Internet security tools and technology.
If you have any query about this policy or cause for complaint about the use of your company information by the Web site please click here to contact us.
To enable us to respond efficiently, please ensure that you
- Set out clearly the details of your complaint
- What remedy you reasonably expect from us
- Your contact details
We take all complaints seriously and it is our aim to resolve them on the day that they are received. Where the nature of the complaint canít be satisfied the same day, we will advise you of the estimated resolution time. We would normally expect to resolve complaints within 7 days.