Redbridge is an area of mixed affluence in North East London, encompassing 5,652 hectares (13,900 acres). We have a diverse population of 238,635 people (the mid-2004 population estimate was 247,300) with 37% defining themselves as a minority ethnic person. The borough has a wide variety of religions with about half the people stating they were Christian, 50.7%.
Known as the "leafy" suburb, the borough enjoys one of the best living environments in London. About a third of it lies within designated green belt land and there are 13 conservation areas. We have 1200 acres of forest and 600 acres of green spaces and parks. We are also well placed for touring the south east of England, in particular the picturesque villages of Essex.
We have excellent rail, underground and road links with the centre of London, which is just seven miles away, and Docklands (four miles distant), and are also within easy reach of both London City and Stansted Airports.
Many of the most important services used by residents are provided by the Council.
They include community care services, leisure services, street cleaning and refuse collection and local schools to mention just a few.
It makes us one of the largest employers in the borough, with almost 7,500 staff including teachers.
We have chalked up some significant achievements:-
- In 2001 Redbridge was ranked third best local authority in England and the best in London for GCSE results.
- We have been consistently in the top six in England in the last five years
- Our Social Services were recently ranked by the Department of Health's Performance Assessment Framework as one of the best 15 in the country
- Our services to Children were recognised as the best in London
- Our team working with young offenders was also judged best in London in 2002 and in the top six per cent nationally.
All Temporary, Contract and Freelance jobs for London Borough of Redbridge on this site are managed by Matrix Managed Services. As they are managed on behalf of London Borough of Redbridge we would ask you not to contact London Borough of Redbridge directly. If you do have a question about your application please e-mail email@example.com
Your application will be handled solely by Matrix Managed Services. Please note, if you are successfully short listed, you will be contacted and asked to supply references, work eligibility and, if necessary, CRB information. If you are unsuccessful you will be notified by email.
To view all London Borough of Redbridge jobs please see below.