What is the Forum of Mobility Centres?
A network of 17 independent organisations covering England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, who offer professional, high quality information, advice and assessment to individuals who have a medical condition or are recovering from an accident or injury which may affect their ability to drive, access or egress a motor vehicle.
Although independent, the Centres are recognised by other mobility organisations including Motability and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
Who do we offer advice and assessment to?
- Older people
- People with a medical condition that impacts upon their ability to make appropriate decisions with regard to safe driving
- People with a disability who think they may need special modifications to a motor vehicle in order to be able to control it safely
- Carers who need to transport individuals with restricted mobility in a motor vehicle
What do we offer?
Assessment and advice:
- on adaptations to overcome physical problems with vehicle control
- with regard to your ability to drive safely
- on wheelchair and scooter loading and transportation
- on wheelchair selection (some centres)
- regarding passenger / driver access to vehicles
- on motorcycles or heavy goods vehicles (some centres)
Please view all of the Southampton Mobility Forums vacancies below