Looking for planning officer jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
Planning officer jobs cover a wide range of fields including urban design, environmental issues, management, regeneration and development. Planning jobs require knowledge of legislation, environmental and social responsibilities and entail a very rewarding career. A full job deascription, qualifications and salary information is detailed below.
> Latest Planning Officer Jobs- see below
Planning Officers are typically responsible for the following duties:
- ensuring that any development has permission and that planning requirements are adhered to
- using knowledge of planning legislation to provide clear guidance to homeowners and builders etc
- conducting site visits
- where planning permission has been breached, negotiating a solution
- where a solution cannot be negotiated or if a breach continues, investigating, gathering evidence and presenting it to the planning committee, which can include councillors and magistrates
What qualifications do I need to be a Planning Officer?
An employer may support you in working for a qualification, often an N/SVQ Level 3 Town Planning Support or an HNC/HND in Planning. Any of these, followed by two years' relevant work experience, would qualify you for technical membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI). For planning officer jobs it is important to obtain a qualification which is accredited by the RTPI, whether you wish to practise in this country or overseas. The main professional body is the Planning Executives Association (PEA) of the RTPI.
- Range of typical starting salaries: £16,000 - £23,000 with an average of around £18,200*
- Senior planning officers can expect to earn £25,000 - £37,000*
- Pay is likely to be higher in the private sector. However, holiday entitlement and pension schemes are generally less than in local government
- Jobs are available in most areas as every local authority employs planners. There is frequent contact with councillors and the public so a fairly conventional appearance and behaviour is required
* March 2006 data
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest planning officer jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 Planning Officer jobs see below.> Register and submit your CV today - we'll tell you when a vacancy appears thats right for you!