Looking for quantity surveyor jobs? Youíve come to the right place.
Quantity surveyor jobs are readily available in local authorities and government departments as well as within commercial and private practice. QS jobs include dealing with tenders from contractors, legal constraints and the project cost, the results are however very rewarding. A full job description is detailed below:
> Latest Quantity Surveyor Jobs - see below
Quantity Surveyor job description: typical responsibilities
- undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- advising on procurement strategy
- managing costs on a wide variety of new building projects and structures
- assisting in establishing a clients requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- performing risk and value management and cost control
- providing advice on contractual claims
What qualifications do I need to be a Quantity Surveyor?
For quantity surveyor jobs a degree in QS will improve your chances of entry. Other relevant courses are accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB). Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantagouse. Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering. HND Diplomates can register as 'Technical Surveyors' but many opt to top-up their qualification via an RICS-recognised distance-learning course or part-time/day-release degree. Without a degree or HND junior/assistant quantity surveyor jobs can be possible. Some employers may be willing to fund part-time degree top-up courses, while others may prefer graduates. Those with non-relevant degrees will need to take an RICS-recognised postgraduate conversion course.
- Range of typical QS starting salaries: £17,000 - £27,000*
- Obtaining chartered surveying status will increase both your job and salary options
- Range of typical salaries for senior QS jobs may be £30,000 - £55,000
- Company packages may include a car, pension and healthcare
- Local government QS salaries are comparable and may include final salary pension schemes. A company car is not usually offered but car mileage for site visits may be available
* September 2006 data
Canít find what youíre looking for? Search for more jobs or Register here and let us send you our latest QS jobs straight to your inbox or mobile phone.
To view the latest 5 Quantity Surveyor jobs see below.> Register and submit your CV today - we'll tell you when a vacancy appears thats right for you!